Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Austrian artillery

Another batch of head-swapped  crew and 'Standard' French officer in bicorne....
The grass green of the base looks a lot more washed out than real life.

The area where the glue has leached under the figure bases look a lot greener!

I just used flat brown for the uniform jackets - looks good, don't know how close it is to the 'right' shade. Officer looks OK for just being a paint conversion.

Overall, looks quite effective for a basic paint scheme.

Actually painted up two guns but still only have one crew!









6 comments:

  1. My comment on the uniform colour: I knew at once I was looking at Austrian artillery crew. I think that should answer your concern about the 'right' brown! Dye batches were no more reliable in 1800 than match house paint colours today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, just seems to possibly be a bit dark. As for dyes... although I tend to tell people my degree is in Chemistry, that's just to make life more understandable - it's actually in Colour Chemistry and Colour Technology - does make me less dogmatic than most people!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a very interesting field!

      Delete
    3. It is, but I actually finished up doing polmer chemistry as a job (then into teaching).

      Delete
  2. Nice figures and they look good to me.

    ReplyDelete