Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 28 March 2020

Prussian line infantry

First unit finished, part way through another one (though slightly distracted by painting some 42mm Prussian 1897 figures).
Think helmet looks bare - should have added a white ring in the centre of them. Possibly later.

Although I have a standard bearer there wasn't a standard officer so I've used the Austrian officer with oak leaves cut off.

Flag has no significance - just a random Prussian flag, think it was actually Landwehr.

Haven't glued the command base figures down yet. No excuse/reason...

Having said that, the infantry figure on the base has a slightly different blue uniform - it was my original test figure. On balance, I prefer that blue to the one I used for the unit...


2 comments:

  1. Splendid and formidable, Rob. I rather like the darker blue.
    All the best
    WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same blue I used for the French, certainly suits them.

      Delete