Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Russian Cuirassier squadron

Though would double up as a Prussian squadron at a push...
Cuirassiers and Dragoons, led by the original test figures.

Again, quite happy the way they turned out.



At a distance, even the (painted on) holster caps look OK.


So, to put things in context:

I've got Russian heavy cavalry, Prussian hussars, a couple of Austrian cannon with one crew... As yet neither the British or French have a decent complement of infantry and the British are still short of cavalry... and the French (or possibly the Allies) have a Bavarian artillery stand...

So I'm currently trying to paint a unit of Dragoon Guards for the British as well as painting another infantry battalion. Naturally, it's Prussian...

And the Dragoon Guards were meant to be Scots Greys - I had forgotten they wore bearskins - a later conversion job? Can't have a British army without the Scots Greys, wouldn't be right.

4 comments:

  1. You could always set the games in Spain, no Grey's there. (or Russians I suppose so...)

    The cavalry all looks good and tableworthy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they served with the Expeditionary Force to Ruritania either, so there are options...

      Delete
  2. By God they frighten me....Excellent work, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Schools in the UK will be closed from tomorrow, probably means my own tuition work will virtually cease so could have more time to cast/paint more of the things...

      Delete