Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 26 March 2020

COVID At Risk register

I'm officially on it - got the letter today. Basically 12 weeks house arrest/solitary - which is a lot better than the alternatives and, in theory, gives me priority access to things like food and meds deliveries. On the other hand, if I get it and there's a shortage of respirators other 'fitter and more likely to survive' patients are liable to get priority...

Meanwhile, the crisis is certainly sorting some things out. Disgusted by some companies who I will boycott after this is over - Wetherspoons, Sport Direct, Bookings.com to name some. Bookings.com were used for the hotel for Salute - it was a no return deal. Hotel then posted that it was offering full refunds, go to Booking.com.... very hard to get through to them, emails not answered etc... so went to hotel chain head office, money refunded straight away, no quibbles... then get email from Booking.com saying basically any possible refund would involve a fee... I sent them a very sharp reply.

So, Chamberlain Hotel full marks!

Meanwhile... had ordered plenty of metal to keep me busy, arrived yesterday, ordered more bases as I've run out, looking at ordering more stuff online to keep sane over the next 12 weeks...

8 comments:

  1. Yes some rotters are cashing in on everyone's general misfortune.... I suppose on the other hand lots of folk are pitching in to help, so we get to see the best as well as the worst. Keep well and isolated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a lot of 'good' responses.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with isolation , I'm told that 'old lags' in prison take it one day at a time and they don't have lots of figures to paint , stay safe , Cheers Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. To be honest, at this moment in time, think my wife will suffer more than me as I have thousands of friends in the shed and she... doesn't.

      Delete
  3. Stay safe Rob. And get lots painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe and I do hope you will let us know how the painting is going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Prussian infantry unit finished, waiting for bases to arrive. Slight digression - half way through some 42mm Zinnfiguren figures I cast, mounted generals/officers, British cavalry being painted, another unit of Prussians undercoated...strangely, with remote learningI'm still qite busy work-wise as well but plenty of figures coming in the near future.

      Delete