Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 25 October 2020

20mm Napoleonic 'Restart'

As in, I've been casting a few figures to get battalion strength numbers and prepping them.

So far I've prepped three battalions and I'm working on a fourth.

The first lot are foot dragoons. This lot were cast ages ago and have been waiting patiently in the wings.

The Bavarians are conversions. Still thinking what colour to paint the uniform - Andrea Blue is my current favourite. I actually converted three different figures - two backpack variations plus these with a slung roll/blanket. This was because a number of different states used that style of helmet and I wanted to vary the figures.

This lot will represent a Neuchatel battalion. My French are going to be very short of infantry in traditional blue!

 The other battalion I'm working on is from Brunswick - I'll undercoat them black and probably just do straight black webbing on black uniform - don't know if the result will be acceptable but...

6 comments:

  1. A dab of flesh, silver bayonet, a swipe of light blue of the cuffs, gloss varnish, and they'll be striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that sort of thing a few times i the past. Usually just before an inter-club or competition game...

      Delete
  2. Nothing quite like rows of crisp clean castings to get the painting mojo going - I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! What Styker said, but even more!
    Best regards
    WM

    ReplyDelete