Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 20 October 2020

42mm Hussars 'finished'

These are the ones I bought cheap a couple of years ago.

Finally got round to looking at the last two units...
 
I haven't done anything other than go over paint loss so they are still pretty basic.


This lot are obviously Russian! The horses had quite a bit of paint loss so I went over them with chocolate brown... not quite a match and looked patchy. Gloss over the top and on the models you can barely see a difference - but the photos look a lot worse!

Meanwhile, after a week or so of doing very little on the wargames front finally got some casting done - hopefully I'll manage a bit more over the next few days. I really need to get some of the 20mm Napoleonics done!

4 comments:

  1. Shiny splendid soldiers, great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I think 'cheap but do the job' is probably a bit closer...

      Delete
  2. Those yellow busbies are.....striking. I have little luck touching up paint loss unless its something I did when still using the same paints used to paint the figures and usually find it quicker and easier on my mind to just repaint the whole horse! (as long as I don't slap it on the harness)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered repainting but the differences aren't really that obvious and the figures themselves are not what I would describe as in my 1st rate category.

      Delete