Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 30 August 2022

Some new Panzers and a Boer War army

In a bit of a coincidence I was about to post an unpainted Boer War army I just cast when Steven sent me a picture of his next painting venture!

From Steven: 'Panzer force on its way! I have some Pz 2s painted as well. Will send pictures in due course'

From me:

One of the results of my recent casting bout is reasonably sized Garrison 25mm Boer War army. Sadly, they don't take a decent photo when unpainted!

Firstly, a unit of Lancers.

'Standard' cavalry.

Line infantry

Highlanders

Sadly, there wasn't an artillery piece with the range - but there were four ACW guns produced. Actually, one carriage but four barrels. I wanted two guns, didn't know which barrel would look best so decided to do both the Parrot and (I assume) 3" Smoothbore!

The Boers are only represented by two different firing figures. There is also a neat piece of defensive work - will probably cast a few more of these!

So, for me, a full army to paint. I've also cast a few more Boxers plus a Sung cart and a few Sung infantry - probably a better basis for an 'enemy' than the Boers! However, it still isn't certain how I'll paint them. Probably in Khaki and leave the red uniform for the 25mm Zulu War infantry! Then there's basing. Single bases or elements. Lots decisions left!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't realise Garrison ever produced this range and I think that the cavalry in particular look very nice. I look forward to seeing them painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SKT catalogue rather tha Greenwood and Ball, so I would guess they were picked up by Steve Thompson.

      Delete
  2. Don't knock the Boers as opponents - they're usually badly outnumbered (and often unseen) so can give the Imperial forces a game without needing a lifetime to paint Dervish or Zulu hordes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 2 figures in the range, though could look at ACW Confederates.

      Delete
  3. Well these are a new one,Garrison and the Boer War. The figures look really good Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely looking Boer War figures Rob…
    I am yet another soul who has never seen them before…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing they were quite late additions - they are very similar in style to the last produced Napoleonic range, the 25mm Austrians.

    ReplyDelete