Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 18 May 2023

Looking at rooms for 'actual' buildings

The first building I'm looking at is the upper floor of a Sarissa City Block building - this one doesn't seem to be available any more.


As you can see, it's a bit crowded. The bedroom is actually scaled at about 12' x 12'.

Looks like a crowded living room.

Likewise, bedroom looks a bit cramped. Thing is, even if 'accurate', I think bigger rooms would be more practical for gaming purposes!

Very rough prototype Mk 1. Slightly bigger than the interior it's based on, mainly due to differences in the thickness of the card I used and the mdf of the original. This is a good thing - slightly more room for the action.

OK, Who put the windows the wrong way round? Oh, that would be me. Silly boy.

Things I've 'learned'. Firstly... well, apart from the windows thing... probably best not to try and match the interior with the exteriors too much. In this case I've tried to cut windows and doors to match the size of the exteriors - in future I'll just use the windows and doors I have in stock. Also. room layout - by going too much with the original the wall that has to be cut out may not be the best wall in terms of furniture layout - for that, I suppose back to the original separate walls model. Horses for courses - whichever ever model suits the particular purpose.

One final point. Not a concern to me, but the card of the walls has a tendency to push the ends of the outer walls out a bit. Easily fixed (if  I'm bothered) by pulling the walls together with a card strip at the top of the walls. A quick fix, did it here just to make it clear - probably depends more on making furniture look better - ie, eliminating 5mm gap between the top of the furniture and the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment