Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 14 May 2023

Name change for Seaport?

 Quick post. Having settled on the name Seaport I've thought of a possibly better name. Fairport.

Reason? Fan of Fairport Convention since the mid 70s (first saw them live in Liverpool. Couple of us went to a Genesis concert, wall of sound drove us out, walking down the street and went into a folk club. Must have been between female vocalists  - my main memory is of Dave Swarbrick bouncing on and off the stage playing his fiddle - I'm sure that stage was higher than he was!)

So, interested in comments, but it's certainly the front runner in my mind at the moment.

7 comments:

  1. Nice connection, and sounds as if it could be somewhere similar to Kingsport. I've been to Cropredy many times to see FC but not recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No direct comparison really for Fairport, could cover as Innsmouth or Kingsport. The surprising thing is that I hadn't thought of this until yesterday!

      Delete
  2. I like Fairport … it sounds deceptively peaceful 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it was before certain unruly families moved in...

      Delete
  3. My sister once lived in a place called Winter Harbor (sic) in Maine......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good descriptive name... I assume it was usually ice free over winter, hence a useful place when the harbours further north were iced over.

      Delete
    2. Yes well, that's what you would think Rob - she was there because her ex husband was in the USN and stationed there - but I believe it got so cold on some occasions, the North Atlantic Ocean actually did freeze over.....it was up near the Canadian border I think. She now lives in Florida!

      Delete