Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 24 June 2018

Tiger Tiger

Back in April I mentioned buying some Panthers and Tigers in Norwich.
The original paintwork
 Since then I've been slowly painting these and the Tigers are finished.
Here passing a Sarissa church

20mm tanks are not something I paint all that well. For German Late War I decided that I liked the dappled colour scheme - sand with brown and green patches, sand dots covering the brown and green to give a dappled effect. Only seen a couple of pictures of German tanks using this scheme, most of mine do though not always with the dappling.

I usually hand paint markings and again have a 'standardised' method - red on white numbers, first digit 1-4 for company, they're all 1st Platoon so second number 1, 3 tanks per platoon numbered 1-3.

The Panthers represent the first two companies, the Tigers are the 3rd and 4th company. Twelve tanks, my standard for a '12 Tank Armoured Division'!










2 comments: