Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 23 January 2019

On the painting desk

Or  'How you can never have too many pointy sticks people'

First thing that I did once my new shed was operational was to cast a load of figures. Seemed like a good idea to start painting them...

First off the mark is a second unit of late Spartan hoplites

Another 2 units waiting in line

This lot are due to be completed as early Spartans - heavier armour, enclosed Corinthian helmet, bronze greaves.

While these will be later Athenians - light armour/jerkins, open helmet and boots.
Total of 72 new hoplites. Anyone who asks the question 'Why' just doesn't understand.

6 comments:

  1. They look splendid.... I could get into Ancients using Oldschool figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of periods I could do, it's just that Ancients take up so much time.

      Delete
  2. I understand and can only look on with envy and desire...

    ReplyDelete