Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 19 January 2019

Hoplites sorted

Which just leaves the various support troops and cavalry.
Front unit one of 'my' Garrison Spartan units not really a good figure as one version casts with very thin spears. Next unit ex-Harry  S Range Spartans. Shouldn't say it, but I prefer them to the Garrison Spartans.

Followed by one of my original early 70s S Range Greek units - the colours are my old Uni colours. Behind them are the unit that replaced it - Garrison hoplites. These should be a 24 and 48 figure unit respectively so a few figures missing.

Still working on some of these. To the left, figures bought off eBay to bring my original unit up to 48 but yet to be done, to the right a load of ex-Harry Garrison Spartans still to be based.

And as it stands with all the hoplites. Thebans are all ex-Harry Garrison Thebans. Next stage, start adding cavalry and supports.



8 comments:

  1. A splendid host.... so much more attractive than modern figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Must admit, I do like setting the things up.

      Delete
  2. I admit that I do like the S range Minifigs but I also like the 25mm Garrisons. However, en masse, the while just looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both have pluses - lots of the Garrison spears are a bit thin which causes problems sometimes.

    ReplyDelete