Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 13 September 2019

1897 - A Cadet Commander battle.

First attempt at a Cadet Commander battle - originally I had intended to make it a more 'historical'(?) Franco-Prussian War encounter until I realised non of my Prussians had standards! Later, perhaps.
Initial set up, French win initiative roll and get to move first.

The A5 score board has been set up to act as a quick reference sheet - I'm just using standard 1-6 dice at the moment.

Both sides went for an attacking strategy.

And clash in the middle with the French trying an outflanking movement behind the trees.

Both sides have lost a man, both sides are on 3 victory points left, but the French are starting to sneak past.

But the game ended when the French rolled to go first on move 7/8 - and promptly took the last 3 victory points. A win for the French.

Fun game, not exactly serious but could lead to me doing some sort of 'mini league' - British, French, Prussians and Russians. I'm also thinking about the possibility of doing an A4 hex board, smaller figures and then being able to put the whole game in an A4 box... And thinking about standards, just remembered that I've got a load of those toy stand alone flags in the toy soldiers box that I could paint up anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment