Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 27 September 2019

1897 - The Scots in Ireland

At time of writing the figures have been lined up for about two days but I still haven't got round to starting the battle. That being the case, thought I might as well go through the armies. Also, without realising it I found that the British units could easily be fielded as a Scottish force, using my Fantasy Irish Regiment suggested basing the game in Ireland...
The armies set up, Anglo-Scots (?) defending the river line from a joint Franco-Russian force.

Some of the Russians - for some reason I missed including one infantry Regiment and one cavalry Squadron. These figures were bought off EBay and haven't been 'processed' yet apart from bases on the infantry to stop them falling over.

Three Regiments of French line infantry and a gun - Irregular Miniatures painted by me.

Two Irregular Regiments of Zouaves painted by Irregular Miniatures plus my made-up Spencer-Smith Irish Freedom Fighters.

Irregular Cuirassiers painted by me following Irregular Chasseurs painted by Irregular - should really have light blue tunics at this time but...

British heavy guns, a line regiment, grey Territorial unit (Camerons?) and the Scots Greys. All Spencer -Smith

Grenadiers guarding the bridge, command group and machine gun at the back. Just in case the French force the (home made) bridge. Mounted general plus staff and standard.

Highlanders and Lowlanders along the river line, flanked by some Scottish Light Horse (acting as mounted infantry) with some Lancers in reserve.

Re the intended battle, last one morale was an issue - so I'm trying a modified  WRG 3rd Edition Ancients system instead.




6 comments: