Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Kushite/Saitic Heavy Cavalry

Simple conversion of the PB Indian cavalry figure to make something that looks Egyptian.
Conversion simply consists of cutting of the rolled piece of cloth at the front of the headband and painting it as just a tied headband.

Again, figures mounted on Garrison horses.

Being Kushites armour should be painted as copper rather than iron - didn't have any copper paint so... the armour is not very satisfactory, I usually do better!
I have enough figures to do another unit, but don't know yet whether to do light or heavy cavalry.  If heavy, I'll paint the skin tones as Kushite, if light I'll use flesh coloured tones to represent native Egyptians. Another option for the lights would be to use the Numidian cavalry from the Garrison Roman range.






6 comments:

  1. They look great. Would adding red into the silver make it Copper like? I´ve never tried but it Sound Logical...Maybe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly, but part of the thing about metallics is reflection as well as absoption, so may not be all that effective - would be simpler to wait until I could buy some actual copper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice idea, I've never seen Kushites before

    ReplyDelete
  4. An army well worth looking at - lots of blue and copper with ebony skin, the colours really look good. For my 'main' Kushite army see https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/2014/12/vile-kush.html

    ReplyDelete