Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 15 November 2019

Tin plate Assyrian chariot based.

Says it all really. I've also based the 'Carthaginian' Assyrian light archers.
Shown together with the first one I painted.

Being line chariots instead a 'general' I've used a much plainer style for the chariots.

The archers go to form two units of 12 and fill in quite a gap in my Minifigs Assyrian army.

Still quite a lot of figures to be based, including another 48 Indian archers.


Meanwhile I decided to to upgrade the early Greek hoplites with the white bird shield blazon to 48 (nearly finished), plus completed another 48 Indian archers, and have undercoated a unit of Saitic heavy cavalry (slightly modified PB Indians on Garrison horses) and another 24 Indian javelins.

4 comments:

  1. Even the "plain" chariots look rather striking and to a 1" figure, rather intimidating I would think.

    There is something about the "Biblical" armies that stirs the mind and seem to me like something out of fiction. They also seem to call for ALOT of men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them can call for a lot of chariots! I always get back to the same 4/5/6 armies - Greek/Macedonian/Seleucid, Persian, Assyrian and Egyptian.

      Delete
  2. Great work on the chariots Rob they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm quite pleased that I did decide to do these up.

      Delete