Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 15 January 2021

Nessie

Some of the ranges I acquired with Garrison were the various Admins ranges. Very quirky I know virtually nothing of their origins. They seem to be the result of more than one designer with different styles and abilities, some (many) are pretty useless, others I admit I really like. The AD range has two sea serpent types in it, I think this one is supposed to be the Loch Ness Monster - haven't checked to be sure.

A very simple 3 piece (or more, just add more sections) model.

Takes about 10 minutes to paint... though I suppose it would also suit a more careful and picturesque attempt.

I can see a few uses for this model!

9 comments:

  1. I really liked your admin range. I have a small army of Admin celts led by splendid Druid with severed head. I wish the admin range was available. I remember enjoying reading the list of them in the paper catalogue moons ago. Do you have the moulds still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, still cast some of them up at times. I was half way through a Fisher HOTT army back in the 90s - haven't gotten round to finishing it - and some figures useful for Pulp work as well. Never liked the Celts though. Main dislike overall are some of the faces - really useful figures spoilt. Goblins are probably my personal favourites.

      Delete
  2. Good thing its modular, you need two humps for the Ogopogo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s delightful Rob...😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Going through a few of these at the moment.

      Delete
  4. A great range which I was rather dismissive of when they came out.. now I know better. I think Barry Minot sculpted a lot of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very variable. I think that if Barry Minot designed any of them I don't think he would ever admit it:) Having set that, quite a few of them I do like!

      Delete