Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 11 January 2021

Vickers Medium MkII

 As part of my latest Frontline order I included 3 Vickers Medium Mk11s. These are now part of my not-really Interwar Lovecraftian style army - most of the 20mm buildings I'm collected are from Germany, so the obvious thing is to 'base' things in an Interwar Germany partially occupied by the Alllied Powers.

I've followed my previous tactic of giving them fictitious markings that are nominally for a Guards Armoured Division.

The idea being that all the pictures of these things I can find seem to have no markings at all which is pretty boring.

This is an interesting picture. A Vickers Medium next to an Independent of the same Division. The impression you get is that these tanks are not to the same scale, that in fact the Idependent should be a lot bigger. It's just not tall enough. Until you look up the specification and find that, in reality, the Independent is a couple of inches lower that the Vickers!


4 comments:

  1. Great iconic armour. I look forward to seeing them in action. I fell for this tank when Infirst played with my father’s Dinky version as a wee boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I had one of those as well - though by the time I got it it didn't have any tracks. Sadly, my parents threw all my old toys out:(

      Delete
  2. Very nice Rob...
    I’ve always liked interwar armour... there was so much experimentation going on.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. The quirkier the better. Would love somebody to do a Leichter Kampfwagen II in 20mm - think there's one in 28mm but that's a bit big.

      Delete