Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 4 December 2021

Getting there slowly

Still looks messy here, but it's mostly boxes that have been sorted.
 
Couple of hours later looks a lot neater.

 

Even tidied up the casting area!

 
Lots of metal found for recycling - up to about 27kg now. Should last a couple of years.

 

Painting still going slowly though - enthusiasm waning a bit on Assyrian cavalry.

So quickly churned out a few more cultists. They look better on the table. Honest.

 

Still not doing Assyrians. Sorted a mass of Rose 20mm though - had already (several years ago) made a start on some Confederates, so thought I'd start on a couple of units of Union soldiers.

 Going to have to get a move on though. Christmas approaches, and in a week or so my painting desk will have a Christmas tree in front of it!

6 comments:

  1. Impressed by your dedication. An amazing clear up - mine has sort of been dragging on for about a month now. And truly industrial scale painting! Least said about mine the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clear had two purposes.

      Firstly, to avoid having to buy another batch of metal. It's what? 15 years or so since I acquired Garrison and there was a lot of figures lying around that would never be sold or used. Likewise, figures that were made as 'extras' when casting. These had just been haphazardly stored all over the place. That purpose worked.

      Secondly, I tend to be very untidy. Stuff was lying all over and sometimes proving difficult to find! Tidy up (partially) achieved.

      As for painting - I could paint about 24 figures a week t a reasonable standard before retiring, since retiring both the standard and numbers have gone down :(

      Delete
    2. Don't say that! I'm retiring in the New Year and I need productivity to go up not down...

      Delete
    3. First time retired? Had 3 so far! Productivity just changes and usually goes towards homw (hopefully) rather than job. So I've dug out a 24' foot long pond, chopped down/coppiced a load of trees and hedging, doing all this sorting... it's just the actual wargaming (games and painting) that don't seem to have increased!

      Delete
  2. I loved the 'scrap' metal bin! I have seen worse things on e-bay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are perfectly good and saleable figures - just the 'wrong' ones for my current needs, and if I melt any I need in future - I'll just cast them.

      Delete