Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 13 December 2021

Union cavalry and artillery

 These complete the initial Union 'army'.
Two Parrott Rifles, a 12 strong cavalry squadron and the general has been 'upgraded'!

One shortcoming of the range is the limited number of artilleryman poses! The gun barrels are painted in German grey rather than black.

The cavalry figure is supposed to have a slung carbine across his back... but this is missing on both the master and mould that I have!

Didn't expect toget started on these but might even get the painting finished before 'tree day' tomorrow. Gloss spray and basing don't depend on the tree, so if I do get the painting finished it gives me two regiments of Confederates I didn't expect to have. In theory, that would mean that could play the first game in Featherstone's 'Battles with Model Soldiers'. I mean, I could... seems weird, two units a side on an 8' x 5' table. Actually, I couldn't do it - my table is only 4' wide!

2 comments:

  1. Like so many old figures, they paint up better than one might expect.

    Just right for the first scenario I ever saw and tried. Did rerun in the early days of my blog with 3 different rule sets.. (but used the full OB).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intending to run all three scenarios in the late New Year - though as I've still got the cavalry and artillery to do for the Confederates (2 regiments of infantry now painted though not based)it could be late January/early February before it's done.

    ReplyDelete