Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 10 December 2021

It's a matter of always looking

 Can't remember the last some Minifigs 1 piece 'S' Range cavalry came up on Ebay, but I'm always on the lookout for them.

The lot included some Assyrian cataphracts - my cataphract unit is full, but these will be able to fill in the spaces of the heavy cavalry giving me 2 12 figure units.

Next, couple of Persian spear armed cavalry. Only ever seen these on Ebay once before... missed them because I forgot about the auction... Still, few more years and enough more might come up to make up a unit. Think of the long game.

Finally, the lot included these. Might find a use for the Hinchliffe Clibanarii some day.

Thing about these is that they were listed as Byzantines and there was no mention of including Minifigs - so I'm quite pleased with myself for spotting them.

4 comments:

  1. You did well! Sometimes the rarest things are the hardest to spot because the sellers don't know what they are to start with - and then you get mixed units that sneakily include a few rare pieces amongst a unit of something else. All part of the fun of the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I and my house are sooooo glad I have not let myself go hunting down and buying vintage figures! (And glad others do it for me so I can at least look!)

    ReplyDelete