Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 10 April 2022

Current state of play

 The project has stalled for a couple of days as I've run out of both card and spray paint. Both on order, so only a short hiatus!

Some still need painting, but generally speaking in the last week or two I've made 20 village buildings and a fort. Most of the village buildings have actually been made in the last four days.

Two of the buildings have domes, another also has blue woodwork. They could be used as village churches and. possibly, a richer person or village headman.

There are several slightly different variations on the common build, mainly to give - well, variety.

It's fair to say they're quite crude, but in one area this is deliberate. Originally the intention was to give them two coats of paint but I decided that only having one gave them a bit more character/gave a better impression that these are basically hovels.

When I was taking the photos I thought I'd also see how well they fitted in with the Airfix fort. The answer is perfectly... beginning to wonder now if I need the fort I made!

So that's the current state of play. I won't be making any more of these for now - 2 village churches and 18 hovels would seem to be enough - but will start playing around with other building types - perhaps two or three stories, or with an integral courtyard?

6 comments:

  1. Nice work....I did something very similar a few years ago for building in my 20mm "War on Terror" collection...middle eastern buildings are very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking buildings , almost a city there !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needs a few high rise buildings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. An impressive collection of buildings Rob…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete