Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 1 April 2022

A couple of buildings.

Having sorted the basic fort I thought I'd try my hand at a couple of buildings to go with it...

Usual construction of card wrapped around wooden blocks.

 
I've added a door and roof trapdoor but no windows.

The walls have been given a thin coat of dyed plaster. The door and roof have just been painted with Vallejo old wood paint - haven't bothered to add any further detail to these.

 

The buildings (huts?) fit nicely in the fort but could also be used as the basis for a village.

Actually I'm thinking of taking this crude design a bit further. If I make a simple rubber mould of a hut it should be possible to cast a few in Plaster of Paris. Plaster of Paris works better if you add a bit of washing up liquid to the mix - makes it flow better - and PVA glue - makes it 'tougher'.

4 comments: