Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 8 June 2023

Rent a Crowd update

I'm falling behind at the moment with my painting. Haven't started  any of the Creepy Dice figures I got at Partizan, less than half finished the first batch of Last Night on Earth miniatures, and still got a few more figures due to arrive...

Most of the work I have done is with the Rent a Crowd mob. Most of the 1:48th scale figures were already painted so all I've done is base them and touch up a few - mainly to give some of them hair that isn't black.

The 1:87th figures are a mixed bag. I've still got loads more to do but they can wait. I messed up a bit on bases with these - really need to standardise base size a bit more! Most of these have been totally repainted. I've still got to get round to doing the 1:76th scale figures.

Not all of the smaller scale figures are recent buys - a few are relic Airfix civilians I still had lying around. 50+ year old figures finally getting used!

Realistically I've still got loads more 1:87th scale figures left I can paint but don't really need more painted up. It's only a matter of basing and painting the 1:76th scale figures.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't been around to check on your progress recently. You've certainly been busy with the villagers, or is it townies now there are so many?
    Perhaps with all those going missing/being killed the houses are going cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry - plenty more victims... citizens to last a while.

      Delete
  2. That certainly is a "mob" Rob.....I recognise the old Airtix civvies too...had a box of them for Seelowe back in the mid seventies when I was twelve or fourteen.....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember back in 74 when Ian Beck plus a few others converted 2,000 of them as Romans when they built an arenas for the 1974 Regional Finals at Bradford... would love to know what happened to it, last time I saw it was in the attic of his parents house in Halifax (UK!).

      Delete
  3. A fine collection of potential victims Rob…
    I have fond memories of the Airfix civilians… I used quite a few a French resistance fighters.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is, that was the easy part. It's doing better paint jobs on the 'characters' that's proving the problem!

      Delete