Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 3 June 2023

Last Night on Earth


Pinterest keeps sending me links which I sometimes look at. One of these links was a picture of some zombie survivors that looked OK. So I traced it back to this game. I thought I'd buy one off ebay. It's arrived.

Usual set of items; lots of dice, rules, various cards, boards and tokens. Plus a music cd to go with the game.

The board has several possible variations. Should give me a few ideas to work on.

But the main feature is the 22 miniatures, 8 survivors and 14 zombies. I've got an expansion pack on order to give me another 4 survivors and a few more zombies.

The nice thing is that the miniatures are fully compatible with all those 1/50th scale ready painted cheapies I've got...

 Plus I've also ordered 'Project Z - The Zombie Miniatures Game. Lots more figures to paint and play with. Haven't had a chance to start painting all those lovely  Crooked Dice figures yet :(

Memo to self: Must stop spending money on figures for a while.

4 comments:

  1. A novel inclusion having a soundtrack CD. (Cue future youngsters - What’s a CD?)
    *
    These figures match well with the railway Civilians, although I often feel they have a spaced out zombie feel to them anyway. That’s plastic life for you - some of you end up fixed waiting for a train forever, others a fixed aspirational shadow life walking through a bleak white architectural model forever, whereas the (un?)lucky ones get to crawl and stumble (shoved) around a game board or tabletop tragically being or heroically avoiding the zombie nightmare ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music cds seem to be a Flying Frog thing - all their games have a music cd made by their Head of Music Mary Beth Magallanes. I assume she has some kind of connection (or is one of) the owners of the company.

      Delete
  2. Smiled remembering the movie Night of the Comet while viewing your latest project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, not sure I've actually watched that film!

      Delete