Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 19 July 2023

Just because...

... I had a couple of buildings set up. Chimneys for the buildings are still only half painted - I have quite a long painting queue at the moment. What do you call 16 Cybermen meeting 15 Daleks like this? Roadkill.

The buildings are of a slightly different design. In those days they had outside loos.

I've also tried out the new moulds for the first time. This lot represent one of each rider from the 25mm ACW Range plus an officer's horse. Not bad from the first cast. It helps that the moulds have been standing for a few months to post cure. Using a mould when it's freshly made can be difficult as they are still very soft and tend to squeeze the impression.

The next mould is for some of the S&S Range. Nothing to say about this one. Casts well, nothing here I couldn't already do.

The next muld, on the other hand, consists of figures I couldn't cast previously as they were all on 12" moulds - well, apart from the mounted version of DA04, Warrior with Sword. That one didn't exist in the catalogue or on any moulds - it's made from the original master. There is a suitable horse on other moulds.

 So I suppose I'm really getting on with quite a bit, it's just that I'm jumping about all over the place. Still, lots of things getting finished but must focus more.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you played the encounter out… 😁
    My money is on the Daleks.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. '4? 1 Dalek would defeat 5 million Cybermen'. Didn't seemto be worth the effort plus I haven't written the rule addition to my Zombie rules to account for them.

      Delete
  2. Those S&S casting stirred a few memories - ah another rabbit hole to bound into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ground under and around my house is riddled with the things.

      Delete
    2. You know you want to, let them stir, and stir!!

      Delete