Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 26 July 2023

More new arrivals

These just arrived from up North. The description was 'two big boxes'. Meanwhile, a load of metal made the return trip.

The boxes contained a nice selection of 1/76th scale buildings that had been languishing unwanted in a garage. Wanted here, a load of Stygians and Medievals wanted there...

I've managed to clear some shelf space for them - being boxed, they fit quite nicely! The Greeks and some Persians have moved elsewhere in the shed.

Sizewise they are obviously smaller than the 28mm-ish card models I've been making recently.  However, they do fit in nicely with some of the plastic buildings I have.

In the past I've tended to just mix and match my various 1/87th to 1/76th buildings - as you can see, 2 floors on a 1/76th scale building is roughly the same as 3 floors on a 1/87th building. I think my next job might be to start separating them out  now.

OK, the buildings would normally represent the more expensive side of my purchasing. This is the cheap side. I could only find 1 of the 3cm polystyrene spheres to make Mechanoids from so decided to get some more. Found a shop on Amazon selling packs of 25, 50 or 75... looked closer and noticed... the 50 pack cost less than the 25 pack... the 75 pack cost less than the 50 pack... not sure why but naturally bought the 75 pack. That has also arrived. 75 3cm polystyrene spheres for £2.50...

 So quite an eventful day (actually yesterday now - always do the blog after midnight...) - next job will be to sort out the 1/76th buildings I already had and perhaps do a town set up with them. The arrival actually had me looking through ebay and they will soon be joined by a pub.

6 comments:

  1. Quite a haul there - how do you find room for it all! Good idea about the pub. Essential in practically every circumstance I reckon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big tin shed for overflow, 16'x9' shed for main storage, casting and games, little corner of the house for painting...

      Delete
  2. That is a serious amount of real estate, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff - the buildings are nice. The polystyrene spheres are wild - so as opposed to 55p per Dalek, it's about 3.5p per mechanoid? Sort of like the economics of King Tigers vs. T-34s...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few things where the main expense is the bases they're on - and painting and printing costs are usually up there as well!

      Delete