Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 17 July 2023

Dalek!

Unlike the Cybermen, Daleks take quite a while to paint up even if it's meant to be 'quick wargaming standard'. So far I've finished 15 of them.

The thing about Daleks is that, over the decades, there have been several different types and colour schemes. I'm treating this figure as the Emperor - of course, this is my version based on the fact I only have this design! These appear to be based on the Mk 6 travel machine.

I'm counting the black Dalek as an/the army leader with the white ones as elite Daleks.

One of the 'sources' put red as the chassis colour of a ship's commander so I'm using this colour as a unit commander colour. The steel/blue scheme is what I've always considered to be the 'standard' colour for the rank and file figures.

A couple of the figures are damaged - 2 have no eye stalks for example. I'm ignoring that, they still do the job as cheap, basic figures. On the other hand I won't be using damaged ones as command figures. I've got enough daleks for another unit.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks - though 'detailing' is a relative term!

      Delete
  2. Very cool Rob and at 55p each, definitely a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with that! As a side distraction though I probably wouldn't have gone much above that.

      Delete