Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 30 July 2023

Femme fatales - back on track (ish)

 As in, back to getting through the Crooked Dice figures I got at Partizan.

I've updated the group photos to give better views! Originally said 'Normally I'm saying that the paint job isn't up to scratch; with these Brides of Dracula it's the photos. Didn't get a single really good focussed picture on any of them. For the vampires, that seems reasonable - no excuse for the other photos!'

And another 3 ladies to finish this batch. Photos a bit dark but at least it's in focus!

I've probably overdone the grey shading but like the way the 'seethrough' effect on the legs has worked.

This one is scary... wouldn't like to meet her on a dark night. Actually, wouldn't like to meet any of them on a dark night. Vampires...

After taking the photos I noticed she needed some gold on her tiara. Now added!

I've gone for a different colour scheme for my 'not Ursula Andress figure. For the cloak I went for bronze highlighted with brass - I like using brass for 'gold' items on figures, always seems to look better for me.

Not-Sigourney figure who is now taking over the job of High Priestess of the Cult of Dagon...

This one is even down in the catalogue as a femme fatale. I thought green would be the best colour, originally didn't notice the arm length gloves so looked the figure up in the catalogue. She wears green there as well so it must be right.

 So, for the only time in years I'm pretty happy with the figures, it's just the photos...

Meanwhile, I've ordered a few not-U.N.I.T. figures to give them a chance. Plus started a few more polystyrene ball Mechanoids.

2 comments:

  1. Some very nice figures - I have long considered the "She" figure as an addition to my Pulp collection.....

    ReplyDelete