Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 9 June 2021

British 18 pounder and Vickers mg

Continuing with the imagi-interwars forces, British 18 pounder and Vickers machine gun for the occupation forces.

Usual quick standard. MG loader doesn't sit right and I've set the gun barrel a bit far back but...

Like all of these, though, they do the job.

 Meanwhile, started painting up those Japanese infantry I found, kept looking - found a load more! So basic Japanese force is looking promising, even if mostly plastic!

8 comments:

  1. They certainly do the job Rob…
    I wouldn’t have noticed the gun without you mentioning it…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of cotton and pretending it's just been fired and is recoiling:)

      Delete
    2. I was thinking recoil myself! I always liked the look of the 18pdr, I blame Crescent.

      Delete
    3. Strangely, I never have - but that could just be because the Airfix gun is shooting into the ground!

      Delete
  2. James Shepherd10 June 2021 at 13:44

    Yes good idea with the cotton wool or Malik or whatever they stuff duvets anoraks and so on with.Plastic especially moderns, are really useful and cheap.
    I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malik? Mmmmm. I typed KAPOK

    ReplyDelete
  4. James Shepherd10 June 2021 at 13:47

    Now googl e have me as Tootrue!!!is it me? I could cheerfully kill this I pad.

    ReplyDelete