Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 30 June 2021

Airfix Atlantic wall

 Don't know if it's a bias in looking or what, but having picked up those Atlantic wall buildings with the Airfix figures, came across another (good condition) one so put in the minimum bid...

Good condition apart from a couple of the AA gun barrels snapped off. Easily replaced (anyone seriously believe I'll do it?) Like the colour scheme but I'll need to do the embankment green!

Quite nice detail on the kit.

Together with the ones from the figure purchase it makes a pretty good set. Can't do a photo of everything set out properly at the moment - Japanese are taking up space on my wargames ready for an eventual Review - still a few more things to do for that, though will still need to add things after the Review.


6 comments:

  1. I remember those very well. And it looks like a bargain. You'll need a warehouse to store all your figures soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or start putting some of it back into the steel shed thing that I used before!

      Delete
  2. Some serious fortifications, remind me of those at the castle in Falmouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I've ever been to Falmouth. As you say, serious fortifications.

      Delete
  3. Splendid…
    They certainly remind me of my youth…
    They still look good today…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure they were around in my youth... but they certainly lok as if they will do a good job.

      Delete