Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 8 January 2022

Mongols v Sung

 Bit late getting this one out...

As part of Steven's visit he wanted to have a DBA battle involving his 15mm Mongols and Sung.

Steven took the Sung, I took the Mongols.

My tactic was to head for his left flank and take it out. In retrospect, my right flank light cavalry should have gone round his left flank!

I was a bit slow getting round his right flank - we both threw a few one's in this game. Not used to PIPs!

Steven closed off the right flank pretty well and held me up. I had forgotton one important fact - I was using Cv, not Kn. Kn break if beaten in first round of combat by Bw so I was a bit too wary of them!

Fair to say my attack wasn't doing too well!

I'm still too slow! Everything seems to be just that bit slower moving than I had expected.

The final result may have been in doubt for much of the game, but the Sung finally prevailed.

And to the victor... a very smug look.....  -  though, to be fair, it was a deserved victory.

6 comments:

  1. It is indeed the time of year to get beaten by your offspring on the battlefield…
    It is also a lot of fun…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More fun being on the winning side though!

      Delete
  2. It was fun. I was sure I had lost throughout much of the game. Dad did forget to mention my heroic LH-killing element of Psiloi, who saved my left flank.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I was still winning in the middle section, for the rest thought I was losing!

      Delete