Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 17 January 2022

Rose colonials

Continuing with going through my Rose figures, decided next to do some British colonial troops to go with the 20mm Pulp figures.

 

As such, they are mounted on individual bases and again just painted to a basic wargames standard.

 

This lot are in sprayed khaki; I'll probably do a unit in red tunics later. I decided to paint the bases green rather than sand because ... well, mostly because...

 

This must be one of the most basic figures I've painted for years - as I mentioned earlier, the khaki was sprayed on and there are only 5 colours in total, including the base! As the Rose colonial Range didn't include an officer this one is an ACW officer with a head swap.

4 comments:

  1. They have a proper toy soldier look to them…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not a lot of detail on them and treating them as toy soldiers does the best option.

      Delete
  2. I remember much time wasted staring longingly at the pictures of these in a flyer tucked into my Rose catalogue in my early military college days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nice figures - pity it's such a small range, might finish up having to do a few crude conversions.

      Delete