Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 21 January 2022

More camels?

 Last time I did some Arab camels I only did 6. This time I went for a complete unit of 12...


Although done for the Persian army, having two units will be useful if I do any Garrison Successor battles where both sides use Arab camels.


Cheap and cheerful is probably the best way of describing this lot. As these will normally be fighting in Persian or Greek armies I've given them green rather than sand bases.

Still more camels to come - I'm currently painting the second howdah unit .  There are still two more potential camel units to do - a 25mm unit to provide my Vanha a desert patrol unit and a unit on armoured camels to supplement the 'standard' Persian unit I already have on unarmoured camels.

The intention is to spend a couple of days casting for my next batch of painting - within the next few days!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Have to admit, it's a term that doesn't seem as common as it used to be .

      Delete
  2. They look like they certainly mean business. Time to put the valuables in a safe place and hide…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how ineffective they generally are under most rules, 'business' as in looting rather than fighting sounds reasonable.

      Delete
  3. Hmm yes, dear and dull is more in fashion these days.

    I've always liked camels, rode a Bactrian one at a zoo when I was a young'un.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you go for mass effect, dear and dull costs too much, takes too long to paint and doesn't have any visual advantages. Close up or skirmish is a different matter of course.

      Delete
  4. Shiny Camels..en masse!

    What’s not to like…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially as you don't get the smell of the real thing.

      Delete
  5. I do like camels on a wargames table Rob. Didnt Garrison produce a cataphract version at one stage or did I just dream I owned some once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They produced cataphract camels in both the original '20'mm and later 25mm ranges - G&B didn't call the early fgures 20 or 25mm, I only call them 20mm to distinguish them from the later 25mm range - the early figures are actually 'true'/small 25mm as well.

      Delete