Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Can't resist a bargin!

Saw this lot on EBay, put it on watching then the price was reduced...

 
About 200 figures for around 40p each. Some, like the Garrison peltasts at the front, came under the heading 'needed more of these anyway' - so will be done up a bit .

 

The painting standard is pretty low, especially on these Thracian peltasts.

 So overall a cheap, mainly early Warrior, lowish quality force that comes under the heading 'couldn't resist' rather than need but will provide a lot of cheap levy pikes for my Atlantian army.

And weirdly - haven't any painting or, well, anything wargamingy, for about a week - yet it seems to have been a pretty good week when you take this and the attic 'finds' into account!

12 comments:

  1. Excellent bargain, a most useful addition to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly agree with bargain, juries out as to how useful they prove to be. I'm always a bit shocked at how little some wargames figures go for.

      Delete
  2. Quite a bargain really - you did well there. I was tempted but by my New Year's resolution is to spend less time stripping old figures and more time actually painting the mountain of lead I already have - so far I am coming out ahead :) Looking forward to seeing those in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No plans for using them and only intend to do the bare minimum before they do see action - purely and simply, seemed too good a deal to miss. I'm certainly not going to bother stripping them, or even casting and adding shields to them.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ditto, though they tend to be things not actually needed...

      Delete
  4. Well worth the purchase, I find remedial touch how of any damaged areas of paint much quicker than stripping them and starting again...senior moment there...well it would.
    What I meant to write was along the lines of a quick refurb. And they are ready.
    It's easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New toys… that you didn’t really need…
    What nonsense Rob… you always need new toys…😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll stand on paraphrasing something I picked up from Harry P who said he picked it up from someone else:- 'How can you have too much of something you didn't need in the first place'.

      On that basis, if I NEEDED them... then I would probably have too many of them... but I don't really need them so...

      Delete
  6. The same happened to me in December. I purchased hundreds of old Minifigs (and other) fantasy minis for less then 0.20 Euros each. Looks like some collections are leaving the attics and basements now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always worth keeping an eye out for stuff.

      Delete