Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 7 February 2022

Some robed cavalry

 Being a head swap conversion of Guard cavalry.

There is a reason for the unit being 5 elements/15 figures strong.  I always do a spare or two in case things go wrong, so started on 13, realised that I hadn't given them an officer and standard bearer, did them and decided not to waste the extra 3 figures!

I'm keeping all of these figures with plain robes - this is mainly an eyesight issue!

The mould they're on didn't originally cast very well - the bows never came out. However, the mould has now aged a bit, become stiffer and I'm starting to get them to cast to an OK standard. Sometimes. Still haven't got enough for a second unit though!

Next up is a Spara unit with red robes, followed by a 'blue' Immortal regiment. I think I'll probably be sticking with Persians for a while yet.

9 comments:

  1. Nice looking Persians , the command figures are particularly filled with character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm painting the officers of all these units with a leopard skin effect kandys - if I remember correctly (not something I've checked for years)the leopard skin effect should actually just be a trim or lining - and I've tending to ignore the sleeves when painting them.

      Delete
  2. Perian army at 1:5?

    These figures do have elan. I still like the 25mm guys waving their spears though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do keep thinking of doing some 25mm Persians, but already having 3 distinct Persian armies as it is (or more... got some Lammings...) - 15mm various manufacturers, 20(ish)mm Garrison, 25mm Minifigs including both S Range and PB - well, perhaps not bother!

      Delete
    2. It seems that you like Persians…😁

      Delete
    3. Persians, Greeks, Egyptians, Assyrians... which means that forays into other periods are often shortlived or take up less time than they should. Must get back to the Sassanids. And Napoleonics. And 42mm Great War in England. And Newhaven. Plus get started on some Normans and Saxons. Etc.

      :(

      Delete
  3. Very nice Rob…
    I love 5he colour that you have used.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticking with basic red uniforms for the infantry component. Only I've cheated a bit. Sprayed the uniform as several coats of red and hope I can get by with only a little retouching!

      Delete