Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 4 May 2022

First eye sorted

 Actually done yesterday, but not supposed to use computer for a while! Probably shouldn't be doing this now.

Operation went well, seems to have worked. It has certainly made a difference to my colour vision - basically, looks like they've taken out a yellow filter from my eye. Everything is far brighter and blues are massively different - left eye dull and washed out, right eye everything bright and colours turned up! Best way of describing it - looks like the whiter than white ad from those old washing powder adverts.

13 comments:

  1. So pleased for you!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it went well.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tremendous! I had my cataracts removed and lenses replaced just over 3 years ago, and WHAT a difference it made. Glad to hear your own ops have begun well. All the best for the other. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been a big difference just on what's been done so far. Second eye next week, then eye test in 5-6 weeks after that to sort new glasses, then... should be interesting for painting in the future! All the colours will be different!

      Delete
  4. James Shepherd here, aka a nonny mouse good news, lady I worked with said she was actually frightened by how light everything was after op. She was well appy of course. Just take it steady and you.ll soon be back in painting harness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a massive difference - those whiter-than-white washing powder tv ads we used to get are an accurate representation of the change I'm seeing. For obvious reasons I was very nervous going in for the procedure, seeing the results I can fully understand why they wanted to do both eyes and I'm actually looking forward to it!

      (Reality check. I'm not looking forward to it - I am looking forward to the result!)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Agreed - certainly makes me a bit happier!

      Delete
  6. Nice one Rob…
    One of my friends has recently had the operation and he said the same thing about the change in colours …
    It didn’t take him to long to get back to painting…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already started in a limited way - even without proper glasses it's still better.

      Delete