Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 29 May 2022

PE13 Persian half armoured infantry with spear and shield

Having completed a 48 man complicated paint job I thought I'd do an 18 man simpler figure as a follow up...

I admit I like PE13. Sadly, I don't really have a good mould for this figure. Likewise, it's more a fantasy Persian figure rather than historical Persian figure, so I have limited use for it really. Still, it's one of those figures that just seem to embody everything I like about Garrison in terms of it's pose and general style.

 

4 comments:

  1. They do have life to them, and they look quite a bit like Greek vase paintings of Persians. Presumably from some asia minor satrapy/ex-kingdom etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As early pre-Greek wars figures they would work - not sure about the armour though.

      Delete
  2. Gosh… I remember these…
    I used them as Eastern types for Dungeons and Dragons…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not a figure I actually had in the 70s.

      Delete