Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 28 January 2023

A mob of Horrible Great Things

 

This is one of those figures I always considered to be a useless waste of space on a mould. However, my current way of thinking has changed that view. I always thought it would have to be painted in weird colours and would make (at best) an inferior monster. Going Retro Pulp my mindset altered..  and I  started thinking 'B Movie Rock Monster or Lava Monster' So I settled for a bunch of rock monsters!

AD150 'Horrible great thing'. Thought it deserved it's own post.

8 comments:

  1. I like the paint job you have done on the Horroble Great Thing, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have to admit it looks very effective.

      Delete
  2. There is something about these that reminds me of the old kids Claymation series Trap Door.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember that show - 'Don't you open that...TRAPDOOR'..... As a figure, it grows on you!

      Delete
  3. What is the collective noun for these fellows?
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know, but this site may offer suggestions: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Collective_Nouns_(3.5e_Other)#:~:text=Monster%20Collective%20Nouns%20.%20A%20tackle%20of%20basilisks.,A%20harmony%20of%20homunculi.%20A%20senate%20of%20gryphons.

      Delete
  4. Fun little sculpt...I daresay it is meant to be a D&D Roper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the Admins figures are D&D related so quite posibly - not my area of knowledge so personally I honestly haven't the faintest idea! But yes, it is a fun sculpt.

      Delete