Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 16 September 2023

This part of the pulp armies is finished...

Just got back from a break in Yarmouth. Naturally I took the opportunity to provide the 28mm+ armies with some modern tanks.
 
Meanwhile the 40-50mm bazookas and machine guns are finished.

This is a size comparision between the 35mm Crooked Dice size figures (not, I hasten to add, actually Crooked Dice figures...) and the roughly 45-50mm larger scale figures that fit all those cheap figures I've been painting recently.

Although the 50mm figures are a bit over scale for the new tanks they still fit OK.

However, the tanks do fit better with the 35mm figures.

 That pretty much gives me as much as I should need in the way of 'human' soldiers in the larger scales. Next question - what to do next? Options include a mass paint of the new pack of Aliens to get them out of the way, do the 3rd unit of early Persian cavalry, or possibly do another unit of Sassanid Clibinarii. Or, of course, finish off some of the dozens of other figures already on the painting desk.

6 comments:

  1. I have much the same indifference to scale difference in my own Army Men forces. Some of the armour is 'to scale', and for aircraft I have gone 'down' to 1:72 models. It all seems 9to me) to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it look right? Yes? Works for me. Wasn't always that way...

      Delete
  2. Great fun ahead, to be sure. Both for you and for us, the readers!
    I too , often have an indifference or total disregard to scale in my games.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about fun these days, whether that's making or painting things that I may not need, or setting things up I hadn't intended to. Saw 2 bridges half finished in my shed yesterday so I'm finishing them. They've been like that for years. Got lots of other thigs to do as well. No idea what will come next... I've got a lot of choices, and what happens happens.

      Delete
  3. Excellent…
    Yes it does look right 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. And at some point we will find out if they work right...

    ReplyDelete