Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 7 September 2023

Early Persian line cavalry

Quite a while ago I had a mould made to give me some robed early Persian cavalry. At the time it didn't work too well as the rubber was still softish and the bows didn't come out, although I did manage one unit. However, currently getting minor withdrawal symptoms (Must Paint Some Persians, Must Paint Some Persians) I cast up a few for a second unit - it casts a lot better now the mould has had a chance to post cure.

I didn't realise until the unit was nearly finished that I hadn't given them an officer and standard bearer! Might add them later.

My initial intention is to finish up with three line cavalry units so I thought I'd also do a test painting of one with green robes. Meanwhile, fix completed, back to the current 'project'

10 comments:

  1. That is a very nice figure, they look great ranked up and I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basic figures but they do look nice on the wargames table.

      Delete
  2. Great figures, individually and en masse. I like their bright gloss look.
    A
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old School - wouldn't do them any other way. Plus spending too long away from them...

      Delete
  3. What!…Not tentacles 😱
    They look very pretty Rob.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Abnormal service will be resumed as soon as possible'

      Delete
  4. Nice to see the Persian army getting some new recruits - it must be mightily huge by now - Xerxes would be proud ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to think. As for Xerxes, he was quite happy with the last Review I did with his army so...

      Delete
  5. Very nice, back in my schooldays, 70s, the Garrison Persians were some of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. I suppose that's why I was forced to buy Garrison :)

      Delete