Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 26 April 2024

Mould 130.

Three new moulds arrived today which adds up to 130 new moulds I've had made for Garrison - I don't count any Tiranti moulds I've made myself.
And this is mould 130 - 25mm Persian spears and javelins.

The Persian and Greek archer mould fills in a couple of gaps - it means I can now cast the Greek armoured archer and also makes it viable to cast the archer from the Persian chariot as a figure in it's own right. The Cretan archer is an oddity - it's actually listed in the Carthaginian figure list.

Finally an overdue mould - this one should give me some Scots pikes that are better than the ones on my other mould. The Byzantine officer is there because my only other doable one is on a 20mm mould - I'm trying to keep 25mm together. Should be doing Byzantine moulds later as well.

There are currently three other moulds being made - Assyrian infantry and Egyptian infantry. The Assyrians will benefit a great deal from this  consolidation. 

11 comments:

  1. Nice to see these ranges coming back to life. You have reminded me of the oddity of the Cretan archer. I did have some of these in back in the day - liked the way the hat was done. BTW, a first for me today in a box of mixed oddments from eBay. A GH1, which I think is a Ghaznavid officer. Never seen any of that range before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. The range covers 9 figures, trouble being they are all infantry! Nice figures.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting. I had quite a few Garrison back in the day. They are as rare as chicken's teeth on ebay but I managed to obtain a number of them from the Dark Ages line of Saxons, Normans and Vikings. Great classic figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vikings are in line for new moulds. Keep meaning to do Norman and Saxon armies, will never get round to it.

      Delete
    2. And bear in mind I'm happy to cast some figures for people on request.

      Delete
  3. Some interesting looking figures there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All figures from about 1974 or so onwards.

      Delete
  4. 130 is quite the milestone - it's great to think that these old figures still have a life in front of them thanks to you. The mould cutting is nice - always interesting to see how these things are done. I notice that a lot of modern mould makers have gone back to 'star mould' cuts as opposed to those with an inner ring - which is what I was taught to do at Citadel in the early 80s. I'm guessing these are 8" moulds or something like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the moulds are about 8-9". Strangely, in the last year or so the S&S and Ancient ranges have both come back to life - which is nice, I like to see them being used and appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Always nice to see moulds being made. I recall The Mouldmaker had a cool video showing the process. So what codes are in each mould? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PE4,PE7,PE8,PE10 on 1st, PE9,S20 archer, G8,G9,C8 on 2nd, ME16.ME17,ME19,ME21,B2 on the 3rd. There are three moulds being made at the moment covering Assyrians ans some of the Egyptians. Still working on the next batch but should include at least one Amazon mould - not sure what will go on it yet.

      Delete