Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 16 April 2024

Meanwhile, back to the Amazons...

 

I'm having a go at doing a drop casting mould using Tiranti RTV65. No idea how well they will work, but if I can get a few reasonable castings out of it I'll be happy - need enough to work on to allow Pete Brown to make a decent mould. If they don't work - I'll try again. If they do work - I'll do some cavalry. Also intend to do a drop casting mould of the Garrison dragon.

Another paused project I'd like to get on with would be to do the Arab(ish) army I intended to do...

I also keep thinking about taking this guy a bit further...


8 comments:

  1. Always fancy trying my own molds, just, as usual, never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can be quite satisfying but it's messy, the moulds are soft, tear easily and don't last long. Also very annoying for spears and bows - they lift easily so that rubber poured for the second half of the mould goes under then and ruin the whole thing. I'm trying quite a few of these but don't hold out hope of getting fantastic results.

      Delete
  2. Be interested to see how the casting comes out, always interests me I must admit. Like the look of the arab cavalry,nice figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some usually work OK, but they often fall apart as undercuts tear easily. They also often need a lot of tidying up. I'll make a point of posting a load of 'warts and all' pictures!

      Delete
  3. Ooo I do like make moulds and casting my own toys…
    I unfortunately just don’t seem to have time to do it these days… Roll on retirement.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested to know whose materials you use...

      Delete
  4. Self molding armies, truly a project for many skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to think of it as a project of many frustations...

      Delete