Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 15 April 2024

Salute 51

 Firstly, apologies for the poor quality of the pictures - think (know) I need a new camera - current one no longer up to the job!

Steven decided on a whim that he was going to enter a model in the painting competition. So first place to go was the queue to enter his figure. Took an hour... then another half hour to collect it at the end...

Camera is certainly not up to it! Figure didn't win but wasn't expected to.

Actually, Steven didn't finish up putting his model in - I had to because He had to dash off to an activity involving fencing. I took a few pictures earlier on but wandered off before they issued the swords!

Lots of people posting better pictures so I'm just doing some of the smaller games/displays I liked, such as this fairground. Nice little potential horror setup.

Weird - liked this one!
Nice little post apocalyptic set up - I like using these for ideas. This one was called a Trumpocalypse!

This was a nice idea - a series of 'levels' in a game similar to levels in video games . The figures driving around in Dalek war machines look very familiar! 

Down to purchases. Basically Crooked Dice and Bad Squiddo. The Bad Squiddo ones are my guilty concience.  Ages ago painted up Alice and in her first game she got killed. So thought she might like a gang to back her up... and Malice and the rest probably wouldn't be all that reliable. These are a birthday present as my birthday's coming up - originally I had intended to allocate this and more to Black Tree but...

There were lots of stands selling 3D Printed figures. This one is 32mm and really outside my usual range - but I like the figure and it was only£1.

So that was Salute 51. Must get a new camera.

6 comments:

  1. Some interesting smaller games on show, with lovely set ups, plenty of inspiration to be gleaned that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great show Rob. Looks like you enjoyed yourself? I saw the guys doing a demo fight with long spears. Unfortunately none of the photos I took came out properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it. Not a great fan of queues! Very interested in the way 3D Printing seems to have taken off.

      Delete
  3. Good pics anyway - sorry we missed you at the meet-up, but I think you said you were watching the film. I saw that queue a couple of times and wondered what it was - interesting how the painting competition has taken off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops sorry, when I said that about the meet-up/film I was mixing you up with another blogger's report! Sorry for any confusion.

      Delete