Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday, 4 September 2026

Back to the Fantasy Arabs

 

One thing I felt I had to do was a unit of swordsmen... probably should be 2 handed swords but don't have any of them.

The usual red fez with a white turban wrapped around it and striped robes. My orginal unit just had white robes with stripes; at the moment I'm favouring a few different coloured robes. Probably do a mix in future.

For this lot I've gone for a plain black flag. I'll probably do more units with plain flags in future.

This little project is getting very broadly based. Covering Middle Eastern DBX elemental armies and round based modern cult figures there's a 1,000 year spread. Also, with some units/figures in robes and others wearing tunic/trousers there's a range of basic nationalities. Frankly, not sure what to call them in 'Range' terms - they aren't all Arabs, or all Turks, or all Muslims... seems a bit bitty to just name each individual unit without a unifying 'theme' - I'll admit to be at a total loss as to what I should call them! Middle Eastern doesn't really seem to fit though is probably more accurate.

1 comment:

  1. Nice figures and the striped robes look great, work really well. As for the range name, that's a tough one, but Middle Eastern does fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete