Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday, 14 September 2026

More Turks, on the painting table and looking at future moulds...

 

This lot could be either 3Ax or 3Wb... though ones like Dynastic Kurdish armies specify 5Wb or 7Hd! But then, Seljuk Turks use 3Ax and so can Anatolian Turkoman... though they also use 7HD!

So still a lot more units needed - and I haven't even thought about the various irregular Bw or Ps types. And of course Central Asian Turkish needs 3 x 4Sp.

So what am I painting up at the moment? Nearly finished what could be 2 24 strong or 1 48 strong (extra command element painted) unit of  possibly 4Wb (Arab Conquest) or 4Sp (Umayyad Arab or Abbasid Arab)... never ending... and also couple of cavalry command elements nearly finished, plus the rest of a fancy heavy cavalry unit. 

At some time must take a break from them. Could go for 7YW - it would help offset my current mould splurge... so far I've had 10  moulds made for these over the years, 'need' a couple more at least to sort the French and Austrian cavalry but really can't justify the cost - though I am going through and sorting them out - A new mould costs about £100, and for ranges that are not really a major interest of mine? - though to be fair some of the moulds have paid for themselves. Might get back into trying to paint up some more for myself. Meanwhile French and Austrian cavalry moulds can wait.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent painting—and look at all those wonderful figures!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - though to be fair on close up a lot of the Arabs are actually very crudly made - I really should have done better making them!

      Delete