Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 27 May 2019

A hospital garden

Norman's Riding used to grow as much of it's own food as possible. When you consider other supplies were delivered by the Co-op on a horse and cart it's understandable. And yes, the horse and cart deliveries were delivered by horse and cart well into the 60s - if I hadn't caught the hospital van from school for some reason I did sometimes finish up getting a lift on the thing!

So one thing missing from St. Norman's was a garden for growing food. Happily, Blotz do a greenhouse so I ordered one.
It was easy to put together and came with staging. I'm also painting up a few dogs so I can add photos to the Five Hounds entry.

It fits in quite nicely at the bottom corner of the hospital - which is roughly the right place on the original.

Strangely, the frame is painted green, not grey - but then the green carpet tile base doesn't show as green either.

On this picture it's easy to see that it's a quick paint job - but on the table you can't see the unpainted inner edges of the frame. The staging has just been left as plain wood.

A sheet of A4 MDF fits quite nicely - I might get to work and complete it as an actual full size base complete with 'crops' - have to think about that but would add to the visual aspect.





4 comments:

  1. An excellent garden set up. I am reminded of my Britains garden stuff l had as a boy. One or two bits of wall turn up in games still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still got quite a bit of old Britains garden and zoo stuff myself - all plastic sadly.

      Delete
  2. That is a very nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a tenner it certainly adds to the display.

      Delete