Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 2 May 2019

I'm out....

Actually since yesterday but...

In the morning I was told by one of the doctors I would checked by the doctors at about 2.30 and discharged at 4.  When I suggested 5 or 6 would be closer the doctor smiled - fine, I was quite happy with the situation and relations. Except no one had arrived until  4 when the nurses had chased the doctor up. I then waited... and waited. Finally the nurses started having to chase things up. There would be a delay in the discharge letter - the doctors had failed to include 5 PAGES including medical details - although medicines were available apart from the diabetes  kit which would be sent on later.

Meanwhile attempts to contact a doctor failed as the duty doctor was apparently not answering his bleeper. Eventually the situation was passed through the nursing system to the head nurse and I was discharged at about 9-20 - over 5 hours later than I was told. I should point out that throughout the nursing staff were excellent. I was told that the actual discharge papers and diabetes kit prescribed by the doctors (in case - putting me on steroids so risk of diabetes) would be dispatched today (2 May), Training had been given to my wife for one injection component and, as she has diabetes herself, knew how to use the diabetes kit herself as well as having observed a 'test'.

Today I got a phone call saying that, as I was no longer a patient of the hospital, I would not be getting the diabetes kit!!!!!! (I DIDN'T GET IT COS THAT LOT WERE INCOMPETENT!!!)

So I blew my top and hung up on the poor girl telling me this though later phoned back to apologise. I then basically wrote and sent a modified version of this - no need to rewrite the lot, cut, paste and edit - to the PALS office saying I was making an official complaint. Too many things not to. Sorry Queen Elizabeth King's Lynn - exit procedures don't work (note above about 'I suggested 5 or 6 would be closer' - this sort of thing is a regular occurrence).

Rant over, beginning to settle down a bit.  And repeat that the nursing/care staff were brilliant throughout.

About 10 minutes after sending the email the postman delivered a cheer-up prezzie from Mike McGuinness - moon beast model - cheered my up a lot, thanks Mike it's already undercoated.


13 comments:

  1. Glad you are safely home once more. Enjoy the moon beast model and l look forward to seeing a picture of it painted.
    Take care
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice model - real pity it never made production.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you’ve broken loose again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your home, I guess hospitals suck everywhere.....(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like most things, some good parts - most of staff excellent, yes including doctors apart from time keeping, communications and time management. BEING in hospital sucks!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back to the Real World of normal people away from the Wonderland-like NHS. Wishing you all the best going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but real world still quite a way off... cognitive abilities still way down (can't do Sudoku!) and no heavy lifting for 4 weeks... battles using just light infantry, light cavalry and light chariots?

      Delete
  5. Good News. Not so good with the release shenanigans but better out than in,,,as the actress said to the Bishop. Hopefully you got the kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the kit that major hospital couldn't supply at the time and would have to send? Own doctor went round to receptionist, said I needed a kit, she went got one...

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear your out of hospital !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, glad you are home... better chance of recovery there. I might pass the model on to Geoff at Oakbound studios who could possibly get it into production.

    ReplyDelete