Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 11 April 2020

A package from Germany.

Technically I shouldn't have opened this as it's been costed as a birthday present and that's still a couple of weeks off - but Sandra said I could so...


So five new second hand moulds.

Naturally I had to try them out straight away.

My initial aim was to cast a cavalry squadron....
Done... don't usually use officers, originally I just wanted to use the hussar as a hussar but then decided - why not have an officer for once?



8 comments:

  1. Great figures and filled with so much fun, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will thanks - and you during these interesting times.

      Delete
  2. So, Sandra says, does she? I'll bet you just mooned over them all day until she relented. But, they do cast up well and the officer really does lift them from a bunch of soldiers to a unit under command / on parade - nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they sat there unopened for a while...

      Delete
  3. Total joy! I remember visiting a toy soldier shop in Berlin on my first visit around '93. Wonderful selection of these type of beauties... unfortunately I've never been able to find it since and now I'm divorced Germany is off the visit priorities for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess I succumbed... and ordered some more...

      Delete