Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 25 April 2020

German cavalry uniforms 1900-1914

It's always worth remembering that I was reading history books before I was buying Airfix figures and the two are probably of more-or-less equal importance to me. So a recent ebay search found two books that seemed ideal for the 42mm German army I had started building.
The books were published by Almark back in 1974/5 and give a lot of useful information about their subject. Plus some nice colour pictures that include things like standards and lance pennons.

By R.J.Marrion, this is the bigger volume with 128 pages. Short history of the units, uniform details, horse colous of trumpeters... a lot of information!

A bit slimmer at 96 pages but still full of information. Author D.H.Hagger.
There is a third volume to this series - Cuirassiers and Heavy Cavaly - which I haven't got yet. I intend to!



6 comments:

  1. Lovely illustrations Rob, definitely a good purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The cuirassiers one says it is dress uniforms in the title - I can live with that.

      Delete
  2. I bought these when they first came out and still have them, I don't think I've ever found a better resource for the subject than these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these too and excellent books they are. Almark did a lot of good reading and reference material way back when...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amazed at how much they had published - even though I used to buy a lot of their stuff there's always something else!

      Delete